Wayfinding and Sign Design
To help people interact with their environment, you need clear, consistent signs. The potential value to signs goes beyond identity and navigation. Signs provide opportunities to establish a mood and transform a flat dull space into a fresh, memorable place with character. START Communications offers both wayfinding strategy and sign design services, including development of navigation, exhibit, interpretive, regulatory signs and environmental graphics.
At START Communications we have designed signs, sign programs and wayfinding plans for a wide range of environments, including professional office buildings, pulp & paper mills, oil and natural gas facilities, manufacturing plants, retail spaces, plus interpretive and trade show displays & signs. We go the extra mile for our clients, overseeing the entire project, fabricator bidding, production and installation. We make the whole process easy.
- Wayfinding and sign design can help visitors and employees easily navigate to their destination
- Prevent accidents from happening
- Unify a space through a common identity
- Establish a character and mood for an environment
- Create a memorable sense of “place”
- Improve awareness of surroundings and offerings
- Improve building accessibility, efficiency and traffic flow
- Support and demonstrate customer service
- Compliment the architecture of a built environment
Benefits that increase sales
- Improved perception of “place” builds greater trust and brand recognition
- A clear, “friendly” environment increases duration and frequency of use
- Greater coordination improves customer service efficiency and effectiveness
- Clear, understanding improves environment navigation and efficiency
Wayfinding and sign design service offerings
START Communications sign and wayfinding strategy services involve developing standards and effective plans for navigation, sign location and sign messaging. Our sign design services include sign structure development, sign graphics and design documentation. All in coordination with the local architecture, branding, and maintenance considerations.
- Wayfinding auditing and evaluation
- Wayfinding strategy development
- Routing & navigation planning
- Sign location planning
- Sign message programming
- Sign and environmental graphics design
- Interpretive and exhibit sign design
- Map and directory development
- Iconography and pictogram development
- Sign manual development
Interested? Contact us now.